|Pick the right system to illuminate HR!|
- Engage a qualified and experienced consultant. The fees you pay will be more than covered by avoiding costly mistakes.
- Engage with stakeholders both internal and external. These conversations will reveal both pain points and opportunities. An additional benefit is building a network of organizational influencers.
- Do your homework! Take the time to do a needs analysis and understand the relationship between the “ask” and business value creation. Look at both today and tomorrow’s requirements.
- Request a realistic budget. Remember that software is a tool to be used in a transformation project. You will need time, money, and resources for a successful implementation and integration. These costs are often over 50% of the total budget.
- Define the scope of the project including phase 1 and phase 2 launch plans. Make sure that your selected vendor offers and supports phase 2 items.
- Move beyond the sales hype! Take the time to drill down through core functionality offerings by vendors.
- Understand what “Yes” means in vendor speak. Is it possible but painful or is it an easy to use component or feature?
- Ensure that the system integrates with your other technology and understand how that integration will take place - API, file transfer, file import, csv/flat file, etc
- Compare system workflow process and internal policies to understand the impact on policies, procedures, and training requirements.
- Align the HCM tool requirements with business strategy. Most solutions offer transaction process improvement. Go beyond transaction automation and look for process automation and predictive analytics to drive impact within your organization.
You get the idea. It isn’t just about looking at a few online ratings and picking a system.
Truthfully, this list is the tip of the iceberg. There are many more considerations below the water line especially for global organizations. As your business grows, it is important to cement the right human capital foundation to drive business results through attraction, retention, and engagement of top talent.
We are qualified and experienced consultants and can help make your selection process a success. Reach out to Morris or Kris at Morris@hrcomputes.com and Kris@HRComputes.com . Our initial consultation is always free.